Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Information - Philippines - Cebu - Manila - Angeles City » General Topics

Post subject: Where to stay in Cebu
 Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:20 am 

I am planing to go to Cebu later this year, so I looked on the net for a nice but affordable hotel to stay in Cebu City.
So far I found the Diplomat Hotel http://www.diplomathotelcebu.com which looks really good for its price - about 15€ per day, and it is located close to the bars :clap:
Has anyone been at the Diplomat Hotel so far? Or are there better places? Any suggestion is welcome...

Post subject: Re: Where to stay in Cebu
 Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:24 pm 

I stayed at a new hotel by Robinson Mall called Cebu R Hotel. Deluxe Room was like P1100 a night the room was large, very hot water both shower and sink. There was a fridge in room and the AC was very cold. It is only 30 rooms so it is always full so have to make reservations. Breakfest is included and the wifi in the rooms is good and no extra charge for using it. I had no problems with bringing guest in with me. Only problem I had was the fact that most taxi drivers did not know where the hotel was so I had to carry a pamplet of the hotel everywhere to have the address for the taxi drivers.

My stay was great and very reccomended.

http://www.ceburhotel.com/

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:07 pm 
Administrator

Kornmet nice find I will have to check this place out. :smile:

Here is where I stay:
The Diplomat - Ramos St - need to book the special in advance since they have limited rooms at that special solid 3*** hotel
- 1050 - 1950 pesos nice clean hotel hot showers what most guys choose since is like hotel at home.
Kan Irag - Ramos St Affordable older hotel at a good price hot showers stocked refridge good service close to fun
- choose rooms 100 -109 for 900pesos nightly You can stay cheaper in a single room on 2nd or 3rd floor for 650 - 750

Lots of places to stay in Cebu but who wants to search or go by trial and error, many places either lack hot water or are to small or etc YOU WANNA FIND A PLACE THAT IS CLOSE and well Osmena area is close to all the action you need.

But the hotel Kornmet mention is a few blocks further walk but sounds like a place to check out.

Anyone else wanna update this topic on:
WHERE TO STAY IN CEBU

Warlord

CLICK HERE FOR BEAUTIFUL FILIPINA BARGIRLS

Post Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:41 am 
Official Barhopper

House,Samson Road, Lahug, Tel. No. 314-910
> Capitol Tourist Inn, Doy Bldg., Don Gil Garcia St., Cebu City, Tel.
> No. 5-49-69
> Casa Loreto Pension House, 21 Don Gil Garcia, Cebu City, Tel. No. 5-
> 28-79
> Casa Rosario Pension house, 101-E Don Ramon Aboitiz St, Cebu City,
> Tel. No. 215-134
> Cebu Hallmark Hotel, Osmeña Blvd., Cebu City, Tel. No. 7-76-71
> Cebu Mayflower Pension House, Capitol Site, Cebu City, Tel, No. 216-
> 647
> Cebu Uptown Apartelle, Gen. Maxilom Ave., Cebu City, Tel. No. 315-288
> Dynasty Tourist Inn, Don Pedro Rodriguez, Cebu City, Tel. No. 217-540
> Elegant Circle Inn, Fuente Osmeña, Cebu City, Tel. 221-601
> Elicon House, P. del Rosario St., Cebu City, Tel. No. 7-36-53
> Fuente Pension House, 13 Don Julio Llorente, Cebu City, Tel. No. 214-
> 133
> H R Tourist Hotel, Pusok, Lapulapu City, Tel. No. 400-158
> Hadsan Beach Resort, Lapulapu City, Tel. No. 7-26-79
> Hilltop Apartelle, Happy Valley, Cebu City, Tel. No. 211-374
> Hope Pension House, V. Gullas St., Cebu City, Tel. No. 223-649
> Hotel Esperanza, V. Gullas St., Cebu City, Tel. No. 221-331
> Jacinta Pension House, Osmeña Blvd., Cebu City, Tel. No. 226-381
> Jasmine Pension Boulevard, 395-C Osmeña Blvd., Cebu City, Tel. No.
> 213-757
> Jasmine Pension Capitol, Don Gil Garcia St., Cebu City, Tel. No. 5-45-
> 59
> Maanyag Pension House, 255-A Archbishop Reyes Ave., Cebu City, Tel
> No. 9-50-56
> Mayflower Pension House, Capitol Site, Cebu City, Tel. No. 7-29-48
> Pacific Tourist Inn, V. Gullas St., Cebu City, Tel. No. 212-151
> Palmview Resorts Hotel, Tabunok Talisay, Tel. No. 290-137
> St. Moritz Hotel, Gorordo Ave., Cebu City, Tel. No. 7-43-71
> Shamrock Pension House, Fuente Osmeña, Cebu City, Tel. No. 215-239
> Tagalog Hotel & Restaurant, Sanciangko St., Cebu City, Tel. No. 7-25-
> 31
> Teo-Fel Pension House, 4 Gen. Junquera St., Cebu City., Tel. No. 212-
> 482
> Tonros Apartelle, Gorordo Ave., Cebu City, Tel. No. 315-201
> Tourist Seaside Hotel, Poblacion, Talisay, Tel. No. 9-70-11
> Velmont Hostel, Osmeña Blvd., Cebu City, Tel. No. 9-40-07
> Verbena Pension House, 584-A Don gil Garcia, Cebu City, Tel. No. 210-
> 203
> Villa Inez Pension House, Andres Abellana St., Cebu City, Tel. No. 5-
> 40-79
> Wayne's Inn, A. S. Fortuna St., Mandaue City, Tel. No. 461-452

Post Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:39 pm 

newsflash > The Kan Irag is CLOSED

WarLord wrote:
Kornmet nice find I will have to check this place out. :smile:

Here is where I stay:
The Diplomat - Ramos St - need to book the special in advance since they have limited rooms at that special solid 3*** hotel
- 1050 - 1950 pesos nice clean hotel hot showers what most guys choose since is like hotel at home.
Kan Irag - Ramos St Affordable older hotel at a good price hot showers stocked refridge good service close to fun
- choose rooms 100 -109 for 900pesos nightly You can stay cheaper in a single room on 2nd or 3rd floor for 650 - 750

Lots of places to stay in Cebu but who wants to search or go by trial and error, many places either lack hot water or are to small or etc YOU WANNA FIND A PLACE THAT IS CLOSE and well Osmena area is close to all the action you need.

But the hotel Kornmet mention is a few blocks further walk but sounds like a place to check out.

Anyone else wanna update this topic on:
WHERE TO STAY IN CEBU

Warlord

Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:12 am 

One more alternative , clean . cheap ,and affordable ,, close to the action ,, hahaha

http://www.hotellecarmen.com/

If u don't mind staying a little downtown this is the deal , it is still a 50 to 60 p taxi to mango , and the local culture abounds ,
clean well run and cheap..

http://laguardiahotelcebu.com/

Post Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:35 pm 
Official Barhopper

If you want to be near Mango, the bars, the girls, Yellow Cab pizza, the ladyboys, streetwalkers and beggars then I'd recommend either the Diplomat (great value for the money) or Mango Park Hotel (has a pool on the roof, good priced hotel but the worst restaurant in the Philippines). These were my old stomping grounds hotels and you can't go wrong with either. But seriously, do NOT eat at the Mango Park Hotel restaurant. It sucks beyond belief and this is coming from a guy that isn't picky and will eat just about anything including balut.

If you want a step up away from the madness at Mango and can afford P2,700 a night then I'd recommend the Montebello Villa Hotel. It has probably the best breakfast buffet in Cebu, 2 swimming pools, very clean room, 50+ TV channels including HBO and a great ambiance. Only problem is they charge a criminal rate of P900 for in-room WiFi access. Be warned though, this isn't a mongerers hotel. No problem to bring your Mango BOOM BOOM back to the place but don't be expecting to go skinny dipping with her.

Post Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:46 pm 
Official Barhopper

Fallen wrote:

If you want a step up away from the madness at Mango and can afford P2,700 a night then I'd recommend the Montebello Villa Hotel. It has probably the best breakfast buffet in Cebu, 2 swimming pools, very clean room, 50+ TV channels including HBO and a great ambiance. Only problem is they charge a criminal rate of P900 for in-room WiFi access. Be warned though, this isn't a mongerers hotel. No problem to bring your Mango BOOM BOOM back to the place but don't be expecting to go skinny dipping with her.

Perhaps I was just lucky. I never had a problem bringing girls back to my room at the Montebello. However, it did feel kinda funny bringing girls back to room as I walked by the front desk. You can avoid walking past the front desk and enter through the back entrance if you bring a girl back to your room early in the evening.

BTW. The smaller second pool at the Montebello is reserved only for private parties the last time I stayed at the Montebello. That's a shame. I rather enjoyed swimming in the smaller somewhat more private pool.

Board index » General Information - Philippines - Cebu - Manila - Angeles City » General Topics